Hannah Orthodontics is proud to be a part of a 50-plus year practice tradition of creating confidence with every smile!
Customer service has been a driving force in the success of our practice since it was founded. On-time appointments, flexible hours and fee arrangements, no fee consultations (x-rays and records included) and a friendly and committed staff help create an environment that our patients love.
Technology is “tops” at Hannah Orthodontics! Our Apple based software – TopsOrtho™ – is state of the art. It plays a major role in our ability to provide better care, efficiency, and patient comfort. This is just another way to offer the finest technological advances to our patients.
Hannah Orthodontics is proud of its rich history. In 1959, Dr. Dick Radke, founded the practice in Overland Park, Kansas. Dr. Radke was a pioneer in orthodontics, envisioning many of the changes the industry has come to know. He was the first orthodontist in the Midwest to open a second location, to have an in-house lab, and to offer a speech therapist on staff to treat our patients. Dr. Radke’s commitment to an excellent patient experience, however, is what truly set him apart. Many of these principles still guide our practice today, more than 50 years later.
In 1986, Dr. Joe Hannah joined Dr. Radke and formed Radke and Hannah Orthodontics. They practiced together in Johnson County, Emporia, Leavenworth and Atchison until Dr. Radke’s retirement in 1994. Their practice continued to explore new technology with tried and true principals as a guide. They relied on an experienced staff, diverse locations and enjoyed the mix of many new families to treat, along with many second and third generation patients.
In July 2015, Dr. Richard Hannah joined Hannah Orthodontics. He was eager to realize his long-term goal to work alongside his uncle in the practice his grandfather founded. Dr. Joe Hannah and Dr. Richard Hannah are proud to continue the practice with original “offices” established by Dr. Radke in Olathe, Lenexa/Shawnee and Emporia. Additional locations in Louisburg and Kansas City have been opened to serve more patients in the surrounding communities. Hannah Orthodontics is proud to carry the tradition, values and experience forward.
The Hannah Orthodontics staff understand the importance of giving back to the communities we serve. We support many charitable organizations including schools, sports teams, churches, and other organizations that are important to our patients. This is just our way of saying thank you for choosing our practice.
Hannah Orthodontics has a few organizations that are especially meaningful. Supporting these causes allows us to grow closer as a team while providing many opportunities for a lot of fun! We participate in fundraising walks and runs, bowling and golf tournaments, auctions and, of course, charitable giving.
- Smiles Change Lives – provides access to life-changing orthodontic treatment to children from low-income families. Dr. Joe Hannah currently serves as a board member for Smiles Change Lives.
- Breast Cancer Awareness – We “think pink”! This cause is particularly dear to us with 3 breast cancer survivors on our staff and countless others whose loved ones have battled this disease.
- TLC (Temporary Lodging for Children and Families) – a Kansas-based organization that provides shelter and social services to children and youth who are facing abuse, neglect, or family disruption.
- Jones Foundation – a private foundation to assist eligible families with their portion of orthodontic care in the Emporia area.
- Camps 4 Kids – Dr. Hannah is a former board member of this non-profit organization that raises monies to send over 2000 underprivileged kids to KC area camps every summer.
If you’d like to make a sponsorship request, please print and complete the request form and mail it to the address at the bottom of the form. We appreciate it!
It would be a privilege to treat the orthodontic needs of you or a family member. With five area locations to serve you, we invite you to contact Hannah Orthodontics for a complimentary consultation.